Donate your Books, CDs, & DVDs
Thank you for considering a donation of your gently used materials. Please review our guidelines before bringing your donations.
The Belvedere Tiburon Library is no longer accepting donations on-site due to ongoing construction. Donations of one bag or box of materials per week may be brought to Corner Books during open hours. Please have your donations stacked securely in a bag or box that you do not need back.
- The condition should be very good to like new. We are unable to accept books and items that are moldy, musty, damp, warped, or badly spotted.
- How to spot a book in very good or better condition? Spine intact, no highlighting, cover/jacket clean with few marks or wrinkles or discoloration, minimal dog-earing of pages, cover corners not badly bent, pages are not yellowed.
- These donations must be recent items (last 5 years) in good condition from the following categories:
- Popular Fiction, Mystery, and Science Fiction
- Popular Nonfiction (for example, histories, biographies, cookbooks)
- Music CDs
- The Library does not accept magazine donations, or out-of-date reference books (for example computer/programming, legal, medical). Also, no pamphlets or brochures are accepted.
- Donations must be brought in during open hours. Please don’t orphan them by the door or stuff them in the book returns.
- Types of books we are unable to sell, even if they are in great condition: out-of-date computer, medical, weight loss, and business books (typically those published before 2014); Reader’s Digest Condensed books; bound catalogs and brochures.
CDs, DVDs, and Books on CD
- Cases should be intact.
- Discs should show be in good condition, with few scratches.
- Multi-disc sets should be complete.
- We are unable to accept video cassettes or cassette tapes.
Materials are no longer accepted at the Belvedere Tiburon Library due to ongoing construction. Our volunteers will sort your donations to find the best new home for your items.
Library Staff and volunteers do not pick up donations.
Call 415.789.2665, ext. 2222, to arrange a time to drop off your donation at the Library’s storage shed if you need help. All donations are tax-deductible. For more questions, call Corner Books at 415.789.5000.
We appreciate the generosity of our Library community and we hope you understand these restrictions.
We created a guide with alternative places to donate your books. Check it out!