Donate your Books, CDs, & DVDs
Thank you for considering a donation of your gently used materials. Please review our guidelines before bringing your donations.
The library has very limited storage. Donations of up to two bags or boxes of materials per week may be brought to the Library during open hours. Please have your donations stacked securely in a bag or box that you do not need back.
- Condition should be very good to like new. We are unable to accept books and items that are moldy, musty, damp, warped, or badly spotted.
- How to spot a book in very good or better condition? Spine intact, no highlighting, cover/jacket clean with few marks or wrinkles or discoloration, minimal dog-earing of pages, cover corners not badly bent, pages not yellowed.
- Types of books that are most desirable: fiction and mystery hardcovers (recently published 2011-2017), paperback fiction and mystery, cookbooks, recently published travel books, children’s books, gardening, history, art books, home décor, antiquarian and collectible books.
- Types of books we are unable to sell, even if they are in great condition: out-of-date computer, medical, weight loss, and business books (typically those published before 2014); Reader’s Digest Condensed books; bound catalogs and brochures.
CDs, DVDs, and Books on CD
- Cases should be intact.
- Discs should show be in good condition, with few scratches.
- Multi-disc sets should be complete.
- We are unable to accept magazines (including National Geographic), video cassettes, or cassette tapes.
Materials donated to the Belvedere Tiburon Library will either be added to the library collection or sold at Corner Books. Our volunteers will sort your donations to find the best new home for your items.
Library Staff and volunteers do not pick up donations.
Call 415.789.2665, ext. 2222, to arrange a time to drop off your donation at the Library’s storage shed if you need help. All donations are tax deductible. For more questions, call Corner Books at 415.789.5000.