Library Foundation Hero Campaign
The community of Belvedere-Tiburon is an extraordinary place to live and we are all very lucky to call it home. One of our most beloved resources, our celebrated Library—which thousands of us visit each year and serves as our city’s center—is about to get a whole lot better!
Belvedere-Tiburon is filled with exceptionally generous people and together, we make good things happen. Right now we are over 75% of the way to reaching our goal of raising $18M for the renovation, but we still have $4M to go.
This month the Library is launching its Hero Campaign, a community-wide initiative to raise awareness about our progress and call on everyone to make a contribution.
We need you to be a Hero!
Did you know that:
• Last year we had a 22% increase in Library patronage
• 17,500 people on the Tiburon Peninsula are served by our Library
• 77% of Belvedere-Tiburon residents have Library cards
• Today our Library hosts more than 1,000 free community programs each year
• Participation in our Children’s Programs jumped by 30% last year
Modern libraries provide:
• Increased resources for online work and research
• Meeting and study space for small and large groups
• Dedicated spaces and extra resources for children and teens
Everyone benefits from a new, modern Library, including schools and businesses, property owners and Library patrons.
Not only will the Belvedere Tiburon Library meet the literary and enrichment needs of the community, it will also serve as a new civic space for people of all ages to enjoy.
The Library and Tiburon Town Hall will be joined by a beautiful new town plaza and the existing Zelinsky Park will be enhanced with environmentally-conscious green space and landscaping—providing a dramatic new look to Tiburon Boulevard.
Our new Library will have something for everyone and together, we can help the Library reach its $4M goal.
With everyone’s participation in our hero campaign, we’ll be able to celebrate yet another accomplishment for the Belvedere-Tiburon community!