The Board of the Belvedere Tiburon Library Foundation seeks a Fundraising Executive Director to lead its capital campaign, provide leadership and board management and oversee existing fundraising programs.
We seek an experienced, energized, and enthusiastic individual with a demonstrated fundraising track record.
Our objective is to utilize the strengths of the Board, staff and community volunteers while directing annual and capital fundraising efforts.
The annual operating budget is funded by local government contributions and private donations, and the focus of the capital campaign is to raise significant funds within the next few years for a dramatic expansion of the building and improvement of its infrastructure.
The Belvedere Tiburon Library Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports the Belvedere Tiburon Library through fundraising, volunteer activity, and advocacy.
Governed by a board of 15 volunteers, the Foundation's efforts have enabled the library to expand programs, acquire and maintain a vibrant collection, and provide the community with a rich variety of lectures, events, and volunteer opportunities.
The library's circulation has increased by more than 400 percent since 1997 and is home to more than 900 community programs each year.
Not only has the library been recognized for being very innovative with the programs it offers, it has been rated first in circulation and program attendance per capita in California several times.
During its existence, the Foundation has generated millions of dollars for the benefit of the Library.
Currently, the Foundation's priority is to raise private capital to expand the existing library building in order to meet the growing needs of the community.
With funding from the capital campaign, we aspire to create a 21st-century library through a renovation that will transform our current location into a beautiful expanded building housing much-needed larger collections, new technology, and public gathering spaces.
Major Gift, Donor Cultivation, and Relationship Management
- Direct, coordinate and energize the capital campaign for the library expansion.
- Develop and execute strategies to solicit new major donor gifts.
- Establish a process for identifying, researching, qualifying, and regularly updating new high capacity prospects for the capital campaign.
- Develop and execute cultivation events and other engagement opportunities for donors and prospects.
- Build the planned giving program and engage leaders and prospects for the capital campaign.
- Build and oversee a strong team of volunteers to bring the Library Expansion Campaign to a successful and timely completion that meets target funding goals and completion dates.
Manage Ongoing Fundraising Efforts
- Oversee all existing fundraising efforts on behalf of the library; ensure that activities are coordinated and well conducted; continue to grow the annual giving program through upgrade and acquisition.
- Provide direction and support to volunteer activity; make effective use of volunteers; ensure that events are financially rewarding as well as successful in informing and engaging the community.
Leadership and Board Management
- Along with the Foundation President, serve as principal spokesperson for the Foundation and oversee a comprehensive communications plan in partnership with the library director.
- Work with a team of volunteers to ensure the Foundation's operational competence, compliance, and fiscal responsibility.
- Work with various committees to create and propose income and expense budgets to the Foundation Board for continuing growth of the Foundation; propose plans for staffing and the use of outside expertise.
- Oversee and coordinate all earned income activities; ensure appropriate financial systems and controls are in place; propose new means to generate greater earned revenue.
- Build alliances and work closely with Belvedere and Tiburon community organizations.
- Demonstrated success in capital campaign fundraising
- Established leadership skills
- Familiarity with Belvedere and Tiburon a plus
- Superior communications skills, both oral and written, including in developing and delivering presentations
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
- 5 or more years experience in nonprofit major gifts fund development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and financial skills
- Experience in working with board members and volunteers
- Enthusiasm for libraries and the mission of the Foundation
A competitive compensation package will be offered
Please send a cover letter and resume, or route inquiries to:
Review of applicantions will begin Friday, June 23rd, 2017.
Please, no phone calls.
The Belvedere Tiburon Library Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.