The Belvedere Tiburon Library serves more than 17,500 people on the Tiburon Peninsula, and today, it is being used more than ever before.
It is a gathering place for local residents of all ages to learn new skills, experience art and cultural programs, read new books, and a whole lot more.
As the library has evolved into a community center with more than 900 programs, the demand for space has become critical.
At only 10,500 square feet, we are not able to offer the space, equipment, programs or collections that the residents of Belvedere and Tiburon expect and deserve.
We are embarking on an expansion project that will create much-needed library space for the community.
The new space will add approximately 9,000 square feet, bringing the total size of the library to about 19,500 square feet.
The additional space will enhance every section of the library, including:
- Expanded children’s area providing materials for children up to 12, new storytelling space and increased study and homework areas.
- A new computer skills and technology training center, a creative learning space, and a digital lab.
- Community program spaces including meeting rooms to accommodate as few as 14 and as many as 100 people, as well as individual/small group study rooms.
- New Teen Center including a study room, digital resources and equipment, and additional learning resources.
- New work and storage space in the office area for library employees and volunteers.
- Welcoming common areas for all visitors.